Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Session Seven: My P.A.R.T in Prayer

I struggled with having a consistent prayer life as long as I prayed without a plan (p.74).  Without a plan, instead of praying, I would get distracted by something urgent or simply begin to daydream.


Amazingly, this one idea--to have a two-way conversation with God in writing--is still the same system I use (28 years later)!


This system (or plan), most importantly, provides organization and accountability for me (and I need those even 28 years later)!


Assignments:

1. After filling in your description of the Lord, on page 73, please post on the blog.

MY P.A.R.T.:

2. Praise is telling God how great you think He is!  Practice each of the three exercises and see if one feels more comfortable to you.

3. Admission must become a non-negotiable DAILY habit for a healthy Christian.  Why? Because it keeps you no more than "one day away" from God!  Please consider how/when you will do this daily (ex: in a journal, abbreviating, kneeling, etc.)

4. Request section -- please review p. 90, then build your list on pages 91-95.  Finally, be sure to answer the questions on pages 96-103 as they can expose any misconceptions (that are not biblical) that you have about prayer.

5. Thanks -- By answering the questions on pages 104-105, you are identifying how God is working now/today in your life!  Share/post at least one of your "thanks" entries on our blog!

Be encouraged,

Becky

10 comments:

  1. My descriptors for God are powerful, loving and magnificent.
    I am thankful for providing precious friends who lend support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord,

    You are faithful,gracious, merciful, Holy, and everlasting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lord is Loving, Faithful Sovreign, Ever Present and Gracious.

    I'm working on getting my prayer journal organized, and rethinking some old ways of doing things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My words about God are ever-present, always loving, faithful and gracious, wonderful Counselor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everlasting, Faithful, Glorious, Couselor, Mighty God, Abba Father, Prince of Peace, Healer, Restorer, Gentle and Merciful, All Knowing and All Loving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is BIG, Faithful, Beautiful, All knowing, Master Planner.

    Thanks Story: Yesterday I was praying over a situation that needed to be resolved and God brought light, healing and resolve to it right away, no joke! It was mid prayer! I had been avoiding the "Admit" part of praying this week since I didn't want to let go of some anger. I had a misunderstanding with my sister the day before Easter (of all days) and we didn't talk for a whole week. It was so silly and it needed to be resolved, so yesterday I finally had an honest confession session. When I moved onto my Requests, I asked God to go before and behind me and bring light and healing to this situation. I was asking him to prepare my heart for what I needed to hear, asked him to make me humble, gentle and a good listener (not normal strengths of mine). Mid prayer, he stopped me from writing and told me to text my sister and ask her when we could have a conversation. While I was in the middle of writing my text, I received a text from her asking me the same question. Seriously?! Wow, God had a divine appointment for us. Right then, we had a long, honest, loving conversation. I hung up the phone so thankful and amazed. God has perfect timing......down to the second, and he also allowed my five month old baby to take an extra long nap (2.5 hours!) so we could have that much needed conversation. p.s. she NEVER naps that long!

    Long story shot, I went to bed last night so THANKFUL and encouraged that God hears and answers prayer. Becky, your P.A.R.T. really works for me and I am so thankful for you and it! God Bless you! I don't want to be more than a day away from God. I can't live in freedom and be the woman he made me to be if I avoid daily confession. His grace is sufficient and I'm still learning,
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathryn, what an awesome story. Thank you for sharing it with us. Sometimes His timing is just unbelievable!
      Wow.

      Delete
  7. Lord, you are my Anchor, my Rock, my Firm Foundation, the One who directs my path,the One who tells me the Truth for my life.
    A prayer of thankfulness-my daughter has good friends who care about her and are willing to speak truth into her life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lord u r loving, caring, ways r beautiful, faithful to means present.



    It's interesting, I'm so far behind that I read those words I wrote a couple of months ago and wouldn't use the same ones now:)




    Thanks entry:

    I was praying for my husband and kids to each get a spiritual mentor. A mens retreat came up at the new church we're going to. I was wishing my husband would go to begin to connect. A guy we know (the only one we know at this large church) invited him and was the devotional speaker. He want and says how he wants to step up his spiritual life. Awesome. Got acting an not me manipulating:)

    ReplyDelete