Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Session Twenty-Two: Unleashing Love for God

It has now been almost 3 decades since I made a decision to pray one hour a day. Hours turned into months, then years, then decades by meeting with God one day at a time.

Somehow the interactive system of talking to God in writing and listening to God by reading a 365-day Bible has made my appointment with God both practical and personal, emotional and purposeful, convicting and comforting.

The excerpt on page 226 of LP Workbook is one of my favorites by Carlos Carretto's book, The God Who Comes. Please set aside time before the phone call to read it and consider where you find yourself in the story. It is poignant.

As we come to the close of this series (only 2 more sessions left), I trust that you have either become convinced that you are desperate or determined to meet with God everyday. I know for me, it was desperation that tipped me over the "lazy, lack of commitment, procrastination, good intention but no action" edge. I just NEEDED God and realized that NOTHING else was going to give me more of HIM on a daily basis than a personal appointment with Him.

Next session is about "The Commitment" to pray daily. Will you take the next 2 weeks to peak ahead to Session/Chapter 23 and consider a 2013 Commitment (that will take 365 commitments) to spend time with God daily?


Be encouraged,

Becky


To review the 2013 Year Long or Quarterly Series options and program, click here. To go directly to registration page and peruse packages (with or without coaching), click here.


2 comments:

  1. Well, I didnt think I could stick to a daily Bible reading plan, but I have. So now I have to simply add to that time for prayer. My prayers are still a bit scattered. I am really good at shooting those arrow prayers up all day every day, but I need some more focused time. I'm pretty sure that will be my commitment for the next year. I also want to use a combination of the CYL Journal and the Prayer notebook. I've been doing that this year, and plan to continue. Just putting certain things into certain places, which make sense to me but would make no sense to anyone else! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using the Prayer notebook off and on since 2001. I keep going back to it because it helps my prayer time to stay organized and focused. My new commitment is the Listening section. I find myself skipping over that most morning because I feel I do not have enough time to stop and listen. My response to the quote is I have seen this in my own life as well as in my children's lives. When my children were in my home and going to church weekly, they had a much closer walk with God and even spent time in their Bibles and devotions. Now that they are away from home and gone to college it seems study and other activities keep them away from God. I love the illustration of the fiance' and plan on using it with my children.

    ReplyDelete