Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Welcome!!

Are you ready to discover prayer (as a two-way conversation with the living, loving God), decide to pray (make an appointment with God every day), and have a design for prayer that lasts a lifetime?  I hope so!

I recall the weekend that I made the decision to pray an hour a day for the rest of my life.  I had been a Christian for 8 years.  I had been a haphazard pray-er.  I was a youth worker and married to a youth worker.  I NEEDED to be a consistent, faithful pray-er...but instead, I was an inconsistent pray-er...until February 18, 1984.  

That weekend, I finally admitted to myself (and others) that I lacked discipline in every area of my life...spiritually, physically, emotionally, and mentally. I didn't know where or how to begin my life back on track.  So I started with a HUGE non-negotiable, no-turning-back plunge into prayer.  

I discovered prayer at that convention.  I decided to pray at that convention.  And then, within days, God gave me a design for prayer that has lasted for over 27 years!  

As I teach this series to dozens of men and women from all over this country, my goal is to create in you a desire to spend time with God daily for the rest of your life AND to teach others to pray!  

We'll meet for 24 "live" sessions throughout the year, beginning on January 4th at NOON PST.  Our second call will be on January 18th and our February calls will be the 8th and 22nd.  (March dates will come in February.)  You will receive call info a few days before the call and a reminder the day before.  If you can't make the "live call," I will post the info on the blog for calling in to hear the recorded call or to download it at your convenience.

The day before each call (you'll receive a separate email regarding call numbers and passwords from FREE CONFERENCE on day/time), I will post your reading assignment on this blog. Our twice-monthly call will include a short devotional on prayer--the length of call will differ each week, but plan on listening or calling in for 10-15 minutes.  

If you have questions, don't hesitate to call Reggie at the office between noon and 3 PST on weekdays at 800.444.6189 or email her at tlc@changeyourlifedaily.com -- okay?

Be encouraged,

Becky

Here we go!

4 comments:

  1. Pam in Texas

    Introduced to Becky and Let Prayer Change Your Life in 2009, I welcome and enjoy my new personal habit of daily spending time with God. However, I do not want to simply practice a habit, but want to deepen my learning and dependence upopn God. So, I joined this group for both learning and accountability.

    Happy New Year<
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! My name is Dianne. I have lived in many different regions of our beautiful nation, and now live near The Great Smokey Mountain area, in Tennessee. I have "followed" Becky's work since I was radically "saved" about 20 years ago. I have read her books, many out of print, stepped to the one time VHS videos, Prayer Notebooked often over one hour per day, read over and over The One Year Bible, Journaled my 8 Daily categories, walked to the CDs, met Becky a few times at large and small speaking engagements, been on her prayer team, on-line, and more. Why? Not because I'm a "Gropie" but because Becky's prayed through suggestions and experience click and work for me, and my Savior. When I fall off track, everything else does. I am blessed to be here. I'm excited! I look forward to the journey. Much love, Dianne C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone. My name is Pam P. and I live in NC.
    I have 5 children, 2 still at home and the other 3 married and living in TX, PA, and IL. I have been married for almost 3 years to an amazing man. I have followed him to jobs in 8 states and Tokyo, Japan (which is where we adopted our last 2 children). I have been a Precept leader for 12 years and love teaching the Word. The goal I have for 2012 and the reason I am participating in this group is to refresh my time in prayer. The cares of this world have crept into my time with the Lord. I need the discipline this group will provide. What an amazing journey we will have to together.
    In Him, Pam P.

    ReplyDelete