Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A few thoughts...

When/if you get behind, just pick up where you left off. Don't try to catch up! Just dig in and start fresh.  There is plenty of new material (twice a month) to keep you learning and growing. And if by chance, you DO have extra time, go back and review what you missed--it will be waiting there for you! (Note: Phone calls are archived for only one month; blog sessions/assignments are always available.)

When summer brings a new schedule/routine, consider incorporating your quiet time into the family schedule.  The best way to do this, especially on vacations, is to coordinate -- one day in advance -- what everyone will be doing and when. That allows you to get up early or take your Bible/Notebook with you (along with an iPod or music to minimize other noises) and have your appointment with God while waiting for others or driving for hours. One thing I've learned, the later in the day, the less meaningful and more interrupted is my time with God.

When all else fails, commit to 5 and 5: five minutes in the Word and five minutes in prayer for others and yourself.  Never go to bed without hearing God's voice--okay?

Be encouraged,

Becky

Next call is June 7 at noon PST.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Becky---you always encourage me.

    Thanks is not enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mickey, amen and good to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Each of You - I feel like I have "been away" but I want you to know that I've been right here praying for each of you and keeping up with my daily readings and prayer times. I haven't spent much time on the computer as I've been dealing with some major health issues - Praise the Lord for His communication with me during this time. Becky, your words have been so wonderful and encouraging. God is soooo good while the evil one is trying to distract!!! The shortened version is that I had double knee replacement last year and they made a serious mistake on my second replacement. The stress, etc. caused my diabetes to hit extremely high numbers and the doctors just can't get them stabilized. During the tests over the last two months they found 2 very large nodules in my thyroid and I had 8 biopsies this past week. Unfortunately the many change of medications have left me with symptoms and side effects that literally make me so sick that I can't function very well. Now for answers and test results and the promises of God. PTL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, as a diabetic I understand that part of your situation. I pray God will stabilize everything for you BG wise. I also have thyroid disease and boy i know it can mess with your whole system.
    I pray God will resolve all your health issues, and hold you in the palm of His hand. May He guide the physicians as they work things out for you. Many blessings and healing prayers sent your way today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Becky. I've had three trips and have failed to have my quiet time. I have't been able to figure it out so I needed that help. Schedule it previous day with family-5 and 5 is still good. Got it!!!

    ReplyDelete