Click here to download...(call takes about 4 minutes before starting; someone logged on quite a bit before me--sorry! If you can fast forward a full 4 minutes, I arrive at 12:01)
| Playback Dial-in Number: | 1-213-416-6653 |
| Playback Access Code: | 209321 |
| Be sure to use this telephone number and access code, and not the previous Dial-in Number and access codes associated with the conference call itself. Be encouraged, Becky |
My quiet times are an exciting 2 way conversation as I read the Bible and God reveals things to me. But this is where I seem to hit a brick wall. Everything I pray for seems to come back with No or is silent and I get so discouraged wondering what is wrong with me. I have searched and dug through my motives, my doubts, my prayers and this is where my prayer life is stuck and has been for years. It is here, many times, that I begin to question my walk with God as I don't see results from my request prayers.
ReplyDeleteYes! the silent waiting is very defeating. Will be praying.
DeleteI am not sure if I have a time when God's answer was a real "NO", but rather a silence. I have been praying for my oldest daughter to return back to God and it seems she takes one step forward but 3 steps back. I get discouraged in my prayer time and have almost stopped praying. That is the reason I took this class to get back into a 2 way conversation with God so that I can hear His guidance for me and increase my faith.
ReplyDeleteI feel like I should pray that you start hearing LOUD and clear. I also give up sometimes!
DeleteFour years ago, I applied for a job I really wanted. It was right up my alley, I had three interviews and I was sure I was going to get it. It came down to me and one other person and I was shocked and devastated when didn't get the job. I wasn't walking with the Lord back then but I knew it was a firm "no" from him. Looking back, I know exactly why I didn't get that job. I would have been too distracted with myself and my job to enjoy what God had in store for me. Shortly after that low, God took me on an amazing journey back to church (where I heard Becky speak for the first time) and back to seeking him. Super inspired by Becky's testimony and starving for something more, I started reading my bible and praying every day. I had a new hunger and passion to figure it all out. Long story short, I caught a glimpse of God's grace, I experienced His amazing love, I rededicated my life and was baptized five months after that "no". I KNOW deep in my heart that God gave me that "no" because he knows best. Although I don't always understand why, I try my best to trust that he is the Master planner.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the post.
DeleteMy son was denied at a christian high school that we were applying to. I met with another school even though they had no openings I thought maybe the special needs counselor would give me insights to what direction we could go with my son's education. After looking over his portfolio and hearing me tell her his strengths and weaknesses she asked us to apply at their school. She had an opening just that day and wanted someone like my son to fill it. 4 great years where he got a truly wonderful christian education. So God said No to one school and said Yes to an even better school.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this Robbie it helps me to see through some disappointments with my son.
DeleteI realized, for the most part, I haven't been praying in a way that would regognize an answer if I received one... so I'm not only doing a prayer list but I'm changing the way I formulate the prayer so the answer is more obvious.
ReplyDeleteThere is something I have been praying about for a couple of years that I may have had a no on that I didn't realize until today. We moved into a home and started a remodeling project that has been an overwhelming disaster. I am a great logical decision maker and an indecisive when it comes to creative decisions. I need to finish picking out furniture,placement, etc. and other decorative decisions for our home to feel complete. But decisions don't get made and there is minimal progress. I've been praying for God either help me make these decisions or bring someone with those gifts to get it done!!!! Today I realized that maybe God has said no because he wants to teach me perspective and a muscle to make creative decisions quickly. Amen if that's it!!!
I think one of the reasons I am spending time still on the Listening section is because when I have done that, then things quite often come out yes or no. With a lot of wait thrown in there too (yes, I get impatient as well).
ReplyDeleteOne day I was in a small group and mentioned how God had used one of Becky's phone calls, plus my church's weekly sermon plus the group Bible study to give me instruction on something. The leader of the group actually told me I had discouraged all the women in the small group because I was involved in too many things. HUH?
No, it was God saying whatever it was that I needed to hear and it came from three places.
Btw, I have had Becky's journal a long time, and though I used her other journal, I wasnt using the Prayer Partner notebook. I'm so glad I see God's timing in having me start to use it at this stage of my life.
Yeah God!
Prayer Request: My husband was attacked by a man at a gas station on Saturday. His knee, which already had surgery, is very swollen. We have had to cancel jobs, and probably will lose the entire week of any income because it appears he cant work at all. Need prayer that God will restore and heal. We're self employed, business is already slow but we have jobs on the schedule book and 100 or so Living Social vouchers to fulfill for people. We have no more employees since the economy went bad, so there is no one else to do our jobs. Please pray for God's help and healing.
ReplyDeleteI had an anxiety attack a few weeks back and this is not helping.
Yes , Laura ok. Jesus be with Laura this week and in every min. in Jesus name.
DeleteI pray for a person who needs work, to come alongside of your little team and double your income so that you can pay him and yourselves! I pray, as well, Lord, for the immediate outpouring of your Holy Spirit on Laura and her husband for healing and health. Please Lord hear our prayers.
ReplyDeleteThank you Becky.....
ReplyDelete